V.I.C. §415 Boards of Examiners for Medicine, Surgery, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Optometry, Physical Therapy, Chiropractic and Podiatry
(a) The following boards are hereby established within the Department:
(1) The Board of Medical Examiners
(2) The Board of Dental Examiners
(3) The Board of Pharmacy
(4) The Board of Nurse Licensure
(5) The Board of Optometrical Examiners
(6) The Board of Physical Therapy
(7) The Board of Chiropractic Examiners
(8) The Board of Podiatry Examiners.
Composition; qualifications; appointment; tenure
(b) The Boards provided in subsection (a) of this section shall be composed of members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Legislature as follows:
(2) The Board of Dental Examiners—five dentists licensed to practice in the Virgin Islands—three to be appointed for initial terms of two years, and two for initial terms of four years. Thereafter, all appointments shall be for four years. Not more than three examiners shall reside in any one district.
(c) Each board shall elect annually one of its members to serve as its Chairman; provided that the Governor shall designate the first Chairman of each board initially appointed under this section.
Removal of members
(e) (1) The members may be removed by the Governor for cause.